Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Marsh Madness

Last night I was up at 3am with Cole (he's getting his 4th tooth) and I noticed that the sprinklers outside our apartment were on - not unusual. When 10am rolled around and they were still on I was expecting Noah to show up with a boat and save me from a flooding and wicked world. I set off and finally was able to hunt down the maintenance guy and let him know. He came and turned them off, but it left our very own personal SPLASH PARK!!!! The grass was about 2 inches deep in water and there was an inch of standing water on the cement, so Cole and I had a blast stomping around and splashing each other. Cole even got to hold is very first earthworm - I saved it from drowning and set it free in one piece. I promise. Man - I am going to miss these summer days and lots of water to play in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH, it is up and running! Elaena loves puddles, I am such a strict one though, she can't jump in the puddles unless she has her boots on... I guess I should ive a little, its only clothes right?

Belkycita said...

HEY!!! welcome to blog spot :-)
It was kind of annoying to be ask if you were human on your old blog!

Shaun and Emily said...

I bet coulson loved the water! Glad you reminded me of that awesome store. It was fun to go there with you. I have sympathy even more for your teething baby! You know what I mean (: . I love the new blog. It was really cute how Coulson wanted to show me all his books at your house. I love the "NO David" books too. My latest favorite is the one about Fergus the dog. Hope you have a fun weekend!

Tasha said...

I remember splashing through puddles when we were roommates, I'm glad that Coulson likes it. Otherwise you wouldn't have puddle stomping buddy. Love ya!