Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I know it has been a while since I posted and I'm sorry. Life sometimes gets busy and other things fall on the back burner. But here is an update of some of what has been going on...
Coulson helped Bret makes some snicker doodles to take to his teachers at church and Bret let him partake in the fruits of his labor. Boy did he love that! When he was done that beater was cleaner than if I had put it through the dishwasher!

One day Cole found a baby cue tip and was so proud that he was carrying it in his mouth like a dog! He laughed the entire time he was playing with it. I just wish I had known what was going through his head with all the things he did!

I have also been working on decorating Cole's room. I decided that he needed an actual little boy's room and since we are hoping to move him to a bed now was the perfect time to make a big deal of his new "Big Boy" room. Here are some pictures of how it turned out...

This is right above the head of his bed and I have two pictures hanging below it - one of Christ and one of Liz Lemon Swindles pictures "Even Superman Needs a Dad" any of you who know Bret understands why I have this picture.








He are the robots I got from Rosenberry Rooms. They are wall stickers and so I glued them onto foam board, modge podged them and then cut them out. I LOVE them and when Cole saw them he kept shouting "cool mommy, I like!" They add a lot of color to his room. They are about 13" tall. Did I say that I love them? Cause I really do.
This is what you would see walking into the room from the door. My amazing mother is also making him a twin bed spread to go on the bed. The last part of his room I did was Bret spray painted some square shadow boxes to go on the final wall in his room. My little sister Katy also put together some wood 3-D type puzzles to also go in his new room. You can see the motorcycle on top of the top shadow box. I still have to finish this wall but you get the idea of what his room somewhat looks like. Oh, I also did a picture frame that says "We do not remember days, we remember moments" and will put different pictures of our family fun in it.


Overall I really like it and Cole loves all of it. I wanted fun and colorful but not totally typical. I also wanted a room that could grow with Cole as he goes through all the thing that he loves (insects, dinosaurs, cars) and this way allows me to change up the room very easily without having to spend a ton of money everytime. Here's to simple, easy, cheap, and CUTE!!!!

4 comments:

Belkycita said...

You are good! I love it!

keri said...

Very creative. I just wish I could be there to hear him tell you how much he loves his room!

Cheryl said...

Super cute! You really make me wish I had a house to decorate like that. But I don't think I could come up with such cute ideas!

Shaun and Emily said...

Such cute ideas. I love it! I can't believe how big he is getting and potty training already! How are you guys doing? We miss you!