Saturday, May 30, 2009

Warning: Bunny Ahead


Tonight Cole and I went for a short hike together to attempt to get ride of some extra energy. We hiked up the trail and turned around to come home when I saw a cute little cotton tail come bounding, no tearing, up the hill towards us. Cole was in front of me and I just assumed the little bunny would veer off the path when he got to close to us and head down. Boy, was I wrong! He ran head long straight into and then straight up Coulson in his attempt to get away from whatever scared him. I was shocked and poor Cole was terrified. Once the bunny realized he couldn't make it all the way up Cole he jumped off of him and headed up the hill. I couldn't help but laugh at what had just happened until I realized just how terrified my little boy was. In the end I got all the exercise as I tried to carry Cole down the steep hill. He kept repeated "bunny, no bunny" the entire way down. It was kinda sad. So after the hike I took him to Petco to see the bunnies and reaffirm that they really are nice and this was just a freak encounter. It worked. But, really what human gets run over by a cotton tail bunny? Isn't it usually the other way around?

6 comments:

peterfam said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO funny! I have never heard of that happening before! What a great story!

Belkycita said...

Hahahahahha, poor little guy!

Jess & Jessica said...

That is such a cute story! That will be fun for him to tell his friends some day or relate in a talk somehow. Thank you for sharing!!!!

Tasha said...

I'm sorry, that's hilarious, but at the same time I can only imagine how scared Cole might have been. Poor guy.

keri said...

As terrifying as it was for Cole, I so wish I could have been there to see it!

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

That made me laugh out loud. Poor little guy. What a good idea to take him to see a nice bunny. What a good Mommy.