Thursday, December 10, 2009

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child


For any parent whose child is not a good sleeper I suggest reading this book! It was a life saver for us. Cole was going to bed at 9pm but not falling asleep (and after lots of tears) until almost 10, Waking up and coming into our room 3-4 times a night, naps were almost non existent, and Cole's bad behavior was off the charts. He was throwing temper tantrums all day! I was losing my mind. We even had a bed time routine that we stuck to pretty well. Well, a very good friend of mine brought me this book and after reading it I realized that my sweet son was acting that way because he was beyond exhausted! I picked some of the stuff the book suggests and we worked really hard doing what the book said to do and within 3 days I saw a HUGE difference. We used the 'Sleep Rules". Now Cole goes down for nap at 2 without a problem on most days, is in bed by 7:30 and asleep before 8. Temper tantrums are almost non existent now and the bad days are few and far between. Trust me, this book is really good. I gave it to a really good friend who was having the same problems with her 3 kids and she also read it and now her kids are better behaving and go to sleep faster and earlier. Anyways, it is up to you but I love this book.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Loved this book too. I read in when Marné was first born, and she's been a great sleeper just about the whole time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, too!

blaine and michelle said...

That book is literally my LIFE SAVER. I practically give it to everyone who ever has a baby and I'm always talking about it, especially when people are like, "I just CAN'T get them to sleep!" I'm like..."read THIS!" My babies are all in bed by 7 every night. It makes life so much better.