Thursday, March 25, 2010


Tonight as I was at McDonalds, picking up a little extra thank you for my amazing husband, I started to people watch. I don't know if it is only at my McDonalds (that is attached to a Walmart) but each time I have gone I have noticed a mother with 2 or more kids and how these mom's treat their kids. They are mean, rude, sarcastic, and sometimes physical. It makes me so sad to see how these mothers treat their children, such special kids that were entrusted to them to care for - not abuse. I noticed that each time I left McDonald's after one of these encounters that for the next several days I was more loving to not only my kids, but nicer to everyone around me - even the people I had never met but just passed by. It is almost like I felt the need to make up for these "other" mothers. So I guess if you are ever feeling like you have no patience for you own kids or maybe others around you, go to your local McDonalds and just people watch - you most likely come out feeling a lot more grateful to be the mom and person you are.

No comments: