Friday, August 12, 2011

My broken wrist...


So at the beginning of July I was invited to play on a good friends indoor soccer team. I was so excited and a little nervous - I had been looking for a team for a while, but I also knew that even though I was "in shape" I was not in soccer shape. Any of you who have played soccer know what I mean. That and the first game started at 11:30pm. But, I agreed and headed out. Well, I subbed in within the first 5 minutes of the game and found my self dizzy and winded so I stopped for a second to catch my breath. So I was just STANDING THERE, and my team mate kicked the ball and it hit my hand just right and broke my wrist. The rest of the night included a trip to the ER (thanks again to my sweet friend Sarah for the ride and staying with me all night), a VERY late night call to my sleeping husband to break the bad news to him (poor thing thought it was all a cruel joke, remember it was probably 2am when I called him), and arriving home with a HUGE splint from the middle of my fingers to just below my shoulder. Oh and the best part - it was my right wrist, I am right handed. Great. After that the fun began. I headed to the orthopedic surgeons to see if I needed surgery (thankfully no) and then I got my cast. Coulson picked out the colors (ahead of time before the appointment) and he picked red and blue. Seeing that it was the month of July I thought , why not? So I came home sporting a red cast with a blue candy cane style stripe. Cole was thrilled! So much so that that same night when he cut his foot he has to have it wrapped in red and blue stretch gauze just like moms! So cute. I managed to somehow sleepwalk into the wall the next night and that kinda hurt maybe just a little, but I also got to go tubing with it - I have a cool Dr. He cleared me to go water skiing with my cast on. Awesome. My sweet and amazing husband also did my hair for me for the ENTIRE 4 weeks because I couldn't reach my hair with the cast on. The rest is pretty much history.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like quite the unexpected adventure! Glad it wasn't worse. What a sweet husband to do your hair!

Belkycita said...

As soon as I saw the photo I starting singing.
Erin... to sexy for her cast, to sexy for her cast to sexy for her wrist, oh yeah yeah yeah!

hehe,
but don't do it again!

keri said...

Love the pic!