Friday, May 21, 2010

The Gift


For Cole's birthday he got lots of wonderful gifts. He amazingly plays with all of them but his all time favorite is his bumblebee tranformer. The thing is probably a foot tall and talks and his eyes light up blue among other cool things. Well, on the way home from his party at the zoo (the day he got the toy) it had been a long day and neither kids had gotten a nap. About 25 minutes from home, Aly announced she had had enough by screaming at the top of her lungs and crying nonstop. Cole tried several different ways to make her stop crying and none of them work. Then about 5 minutes from home she suddenly stopped crying. I assumed she had just finally given up from exhaustion, but when I opened her door to get her out I found the happiest baby with the biggest smile - holding her big brothers brand new bumblebee. When I asked why he had given it to her his response was, "I didn't want her to cry anymore".

No comments: