Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am Optimusprime

Last night Coulson disappeared - and this took his place.
Coulson is in love with transformers (the movie). He asks to watch it 3 times a day (he usually gets it once if he completes his chores.) Last night as I was trying get him ready for bed he was jumping off the back of the couch and shooting everything with his "guns" aka fingers and just having a blast. Not abnormal. But when I asked Coulson to please settle down for bed his response was "No Mommy, I am Optimusprime!" (said in a low gravely voice) I responded that that was pretty cool and then again asked Coulson to settle down for bed. He responded again that he was not Coulson but Optimusprime (again in a low gravely voice). At that point I got smart and ask Optimus to settle down for bed. It worked.

Then this morning Bret wanted him to go the bathroom and told he that if he didn't Megatron was gonna come and get him. Coulson asked who Megatron was and Bret's response was "I am Megatron".

Instead of having the effect Bret was looking for (Cole going to the bathroom so Megatron wouldn't get him) Cole started beaming and smiling and happily proclaimed "You are Megatron? I am Opitmusprime!!!". I just love his little imagination. I'm thinking that in a week for his birthday we will be having a transformers party!

1 comment:

keri said...

So fun! My favorite part is that as long as you use the right label, the kids will still do what you ask (even if it is not something that character would normally do).