Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Amazing Birthday

This really wasn't my birthday cake - I don't like birthday cake but it was a cool pic

Monday was my 26th birthday and I must say it was AMAZING! So it started Saturday night after a HORRIBLE trip to the grocery store with Cole. I will not recap - just trust me - at one point Cole was screaming and begging people to free him from the cart. Anyways, I came home very frazzled and on the verge of tears and walked in to a beautiful dinner my husband had made for me. The lights were dimmed, romantic music was playing and he had sparkling cider glasses out. It was awesome. He made me salmon, wild rice pilaf, green beans, and shrimp cocktail. It was delicious! He had also made a separate meal for Cole to eat. How thoughtful! After dinner he then took me to Farr's Ice Cream for my favorite ice cream - peppermint stick. Yummy! We then put the baby to sleep and spent the rest of the night snuggled up watching movies.

On Monday he gave me my own bag of chips and salsa (I'm a chips/salsa aholic) my own canister of Stephen's Mint Chocolate w/ Mini Marshmallow Cocoa (to die for) and money for a fun shopping spree. Cole's gift to me was allowing me to actually sleep in past 6am. At 1 I dropped Cole off at my good friend Ashely R's house where she kidnapped him for the next 4 1/2 hours so that I could have some me time. Can life get any better than that? I then went to a craft store - by myslef for the first time in eons, got to visit with my dear friend Ashley L, my sweet visiting teacher, uninterupted, and then went clothes shopping - BY MY SELF! It was so nice to not spend my time chasing Cole around the store because he managed to escape again.

I then went at five to pick up my child and just about died laughing! He was out in the backyard in his diaper with the two girls both in their nothings playing with a hose and spraying each other, just giggling. When he saw me he came running up, gave me a huge hug, waved bye and headed off for more fun with the girls. I just love the fact that he loves these two little girls so much! They had also finger painted me a big birthday card ealier that day. That night we just relaxed and enjoyed. What a perfect birthday. Also, for a good part of the day I was on the phone with so many people wishing me happy birthday's! I have never felt more loved! Thank you to everyone! It really couldn't have been a better birthday!

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I want to see pictures of the cute new clothes :-)