Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Week with Nana and Poppy

This past week I had the fun of having my parents come and stay with us. We had such a blast but Cole I think enjoyed himself the most! We started off with watching conference. I couldn't help but snap this shot but they really were awake for most of it. They were only asleep for like five minutes before Cole woke them.
After conference on Sunday we headed to my husbands cabin so that my parents could see one of my favorite spots on this earth. It added to the beauty that it had been raining all day and the leaves were starting to turn colors. This shot does it no justice because you can't even see the river that runs behind the cabin. It is breathtaking! Then on Monday we went to the park and Cole dragged his "Poppy" all over the place. We also had one small mishap ...
Cole tripped and left a good part of his nose on the blacktop. You can't see it as well but this was the only shot I could get the day of. This one is two days later and looks a little better. He healed pretty fast. During the week we played at parks, visited all three of my uncles (all of which had never met Bret or Cole), went shopping, (I took Mom to Tai Pan Trading Company - talk about addiction for both of us), and just had nothing but good old fun and laughter for the entire week. Cole loved being the center of attention for his grandparents. I also took them to Gardiner Village for the Witch Days- what a blast. I could live there and always be happy!
On Friday night my parents spoiled us and kidnapped our child for the night so the we could go out on a much needed date. We went with some good friends and played Blackllight mini golf, and some arcade games. We ended the night at Farrs ice cream. A small touch of heaven. My parents took Cole and headed to a family birthday party for my 2nd cousin Blaine. It was a good night. It was hard to see my parents go because it is always so much more fun for them to see all the crazy funny things that Cole does instead of just hearing the stories but we will soon be in Albuquerque for Christmas and they can relive all the fun again. Love you Mom and Dad and thanks for everything.

1 comment:

keri said...

Thanks for the pics. Does mommy know daddy was cuddling with a witch?