Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baking Bug

So yesterday, even though I was so tired from cleaning all day after having my parents here AND having the first of two random inspections from a bank for the apartment (we were so happily picked), and many other not so fun things - I got into the baking mode for some random reason. I made rolls, and cookies, and Jello. Yes, they were from frozen stuff but, as a "not interested in baking" type of cook this was a pretty big step for me. And amazingly enough everything turned out edible. Some of you may not realize this but I am better at making inedible things than edible - yes I have even ruined jello. Long story for another time. So there you have it. A picture of my rolls. Ta-Dah! Please hold the applause.

2 comments:

Val said...

Sounds like a tough day. I understand about the jello thing, it isn't like it is that hard but David better notice if there is jello on the table with dinner. That means I thought about it far ahead enough to make it solidify in time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I love to bake/cook!!!! By the way, what brand of rolls are those? Rhodes? Those are really really good. Take your rolls and put a small chunk of chesse in them and then butter the top of it with a mix of butter and parmesan and bake...ummmmmm!! The freezer rolls can be just as good as homemade but you REALLY have to be determined to make homemade!