Thursday, November 6, 2008

BUGS!!!

For those who don't know, at this time of year the Box Elder Beetle comes out with a vengeance. They are EVERYWHERE. Well, they have become Cole's new fascination. He'll sit by the sliding glass door and just watch them, for hours!. Many times I have seen him read them a book, and I always get dragged to the window and we just sit there for long time periods just watching these bugs. Well, they have started coming in our vents (thankfully they are pretty much harmless - I wish I could say the same for my son). The times they have gotten in and Cole has found them first, they don't survive long from his "playing with them". The other day he was playing with some of my cooking spoons in the kitchen and I could hear a "Whack whack whack". When I walked in to ask what he was doing I found my son squatted down chasing after one of the poor unfortunate beetles, smacking it with the spoon and yelling "Bug! Bug!" with so much excitement. Honestly, he doesn't mean to hurt them but doesn't understand why the die. It was pretty cute, and I rescued the new "play toy" from him. I love how much he loves bugs.

2 comments:

MarshandKrissy said...

Hey--I just found your blog through Laura's...Cole is getting so big! Last time I saw him he was a baby. Love your blog- Krissy

Shaun and Emily said...

Hey Parrish's,
Sorry it's been so long! We just got our phone and internet hooked up. It feels so good to finally be able to contact friends and family again. I love all the posts. I was laughing at the beaver and the vasaline stories. We have had some doozies lately too! (water, glue, scissors, you get the idea!)I feel bad we didn't get to spend more time while we lived close. It was fun to see you before we had to move. Cute pictures and stories.