Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkins and Halloween

So I know I'm a little late posting for Halloween but sadly I have been incredibly sick since Halloween so I guess better late than never. Here we go....

For family night we had our good friends the Rasmussen's over to carve pumpkins. That was a lot of fun and Cole loved trying to help with his pumpkin and of course playing with the girls. Most of the night was spent with the men chasing the kids around
and the women carving the pumpkins. I also, thanks to Ashley's Betty Crocker influence, actually cleaned and cooked the pumpkins seeds for us to eat. And, amazingly, they turned out pretty yummy. This will probably become a tradition now. For Cole's first time carving pumpkins I think he did pretty well. Then for Halloween night we went to Bret's cousin's for chile and breadsticks and some good visiting and then afterwards our ward was doing a combined treat - or -treat with the local Lutheran church. We dressed up the family and headed to make a haul on candy. Cole went as Superman, Bret as Gregory House, MD (from the TV series 'House') and I headed off as Maleficent again since no one here had seen the costume and I was feeling cheap this year.
I passed out candy while Bret took Cole around to collect his and he had so much fun. I sadly actually made several kids cry. It was kinda dark in the gym and so seeing me didn't help some of the smaller kids. Most of my ward members also didn't recongnize me. After trick or treating we headed home for a nice relaxing night. We figured Cole didn't need anymore candy than he got. On Saturday night we made the mistake of giving him a package of smarties - for the next 6 hours Cole was bouncing off the walls. He was running up and down the hallway, jumping on the couch, climbing up and down and up and down on the table, running and boucing off the doors and then when the sugar crash came he spent the next hour crabby and crying most of the time. He didn't get anymore candy after that. Cole plus sugar does not equal a good combo. Hope everyone else's Halloween was a good as ours!

2 comments:

The Hanchetts said...

Lyle was wondering which cane Bret used? He was hoping that he chose the one with the flames...

keri said...

That is THE cutest superman I have ever seen!