Saturday, November 22, 2008

Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns


On Monday Bret's company offered to have us join them for the basketball game that night in their box suites. Bret called to see if I was interested and if we could get a babysitter in time. Within five minutes I had a babysitter (thanks to Ashley and James!) and at 5:30 we were on our way to SLC. I was pretty excited. The biggest game I had ever been to was a Lobos game but I love basketball. There is nothing better than actually being at the game with the roar of the crowd - it doesn't matter what sport, it is just that much better. When we arrived at the Energy Solutions Center we got our tickets from will call and then headed up to the box. It was unlike anything I expected. You walk in to your own little room with a yummy food spread, stadium seating with the best view, and TV's (just in case there are other games that night you want to

monitor). The food was delicious. We had steak fajitas, my favorite, a green salad with fresh fruit in it, rice, black beans, fresh gacamoule, and puff balls with a cheese filling. I honestly felt like I was back home in NM. We said our hellos, grabbed our food and sat down to watch an exciting game. I couldn't help but cheer loudly as the excitement climbed with in quater. Jazz didn't start off playing like a pro team but by the end they sure were showing their stuff. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Near the end of the game Bret and I were close to hoarse from cheering, and as soon as we knew we had the game in the bag we left at 5 minutes to return home to collect our very sleepy son. What an amazing night! Not only was it fun but it was some muched loved alone time for Bret and I without our adorable son trying to sit right between us.

1 comment:

Bloom Family said...

How fun to get to go and sit in box seats. I've always thought that looked like fun! Glad you had fun!