Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girl's Day Out



So the Parrish side of the family started a new tradition that I just love - Girls Day Out!!! To kick off the tradition this year we headed to Gardiner Village in Sandy, UT and there Witches Festival. It was a riot! My sweet mother-in-law bought us the coolest hats to wear so that we fit in to the theme. We started the day off by dropping Cole of to Bret amazing Aunt Suzie who agreed to take on the task of watching Cole for several hours (Thanks again Aunt Suzie!). We then had lunch at a restaurant in Gardiner Village which was incredible yummy. I got to try fried green tomatoes and fried avocado slices for the first time. Not bad. I then had a delicious veggie pita with cucumber sauce. Way to much to eat but so good! We then walked around the shops and just had so much fun sans kids. My favorite was the porta potty with the witch in it. I just about died laughing!
They had this type of stuff all over the place. After lots of shopping in the adorable stores and finding tons of cute stuff we called it a day and headed back to pick up my son (who didn't want to go home because he was having to much fun with Suzie and Stayner - I can't complain) Here's to many more girls days out!

1 comment:

The Hanchetts said...

It sounded like you needed one! I sure could use one! Glad you're feeling better!