Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daddy, daddy... HEY BET!!!


So as many of you know we spent two weekends in a row in Twin Falls, Idaho with Bret's family. For both weekends the entire family was there which is a total of 10 people at once. Well with that many people and kids Cole quickly got frustrated with the fact that when he called out "daddy" either 3 dad's looked or no one looked. He kept trying and most of the time he caught Bret's attention. Well, again with that many people it gets loud and with Cole being sick many times I was downstairs with the baby and Bret upstairs with everyone and I would call out "Bret" for help after I had been thrown up on (again) and finally I would have to yell "Hey, Bret" so he could hear me. This pretty much happened the entire weekend. Then everyone else of course called Bret by his first name. Well when we finally got home on Tuesday I just about died laughing when I heard this...

Cole:"Daddy. Daddy. (Bret was tired and slightly zoned)
Dada. Hey, Bet!"

He had learned that Bret would for sure respond to his own name. So now we are trying to break him of the habit. So far nothing has worked and Cole continues to call his father by his first name, much to the horror of Bret and the stifled laughter from me. I'm sure with time it will wear off and he will start calling him daddy all the time again. Have I ever told you how much my son makes me laugh. We love this kid to death!

4 comments:

Shaun and Emily said...

I think it's a phase every kid goes through. Hopefully for Bret's sake it will pass. I think it's stinkin cute! Glad you were able to see family and go to the fair. It sounds like Coulson was a little under the weather. I hope he gets feeling better quick!

keri said...

I just think Cole is the cutest kid on the whole stinkin' planet.

Jared and Jennifer said...

I remember when Valerie did that too. It was so funny when she said "Jared"...it was not so funny when she started doing it to me too! Best of luck.

Tiffany said...

It's so hard to break them of something when it's so darn funny!