Monday, September 29, 2008

RS General Broadcast


Saturday night was the Relief Society General Broadcast and I have to say it was amazing! I drove over with a good friend at five for a wonderful dinner. The men served us ham, potatoes, rolls, salad and some kind of dessert (didn't really eat it - too much other good food). I had the wonderful opportunity to sit with three of my dear friends - Jenn, Ashely and Ashley. It was so much fun to sit and talk about everything - jobs, kids, having babies, lack of sleep, politics, and just enjoy their company. It is amazing how the Lord blesses us. For the first time in a good year or more I feel the blessing of friendship. Now, I'm not saying that I don't have friends - I have many friends, but none of them live even remotely close to me. Since we have moved to Utah I feel the closeness with other women that I have longed for since having Coulson. But that isn't all - I then got to sit and listen to three amazing women of the RS Presidency and Elder Uchtdorf and feel as if they were talking to me and only me. Like I was sitting directly at the foot of the Lord being taught. It was truly an amazing and fortifying night. I returned home feeling more at peace than I have for a while. Now my challenge is to keep that feeling and continually do stuff everyday that allows me that feeling. I hope that all of you sisters had the chance to listen to everything that was said and even if you did or didn't I challenge each of you to listen and read the talks many times because each was for us. We are each amazing and loved daughters of God.

Here is the link to the broadcast - Relief Society General Broadcast

No comments: