Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of THOSE days!

It started off with a "friendly" wake up call from our neighbors motorcycle right outside our open windows. That is a pretty loud noise - especially when you are dead asleep at 7:30. Once I settled Cole down and kissed my sweet hubby good bye we ate breakfast and I started on my personal "Mt Everest" of laundry that seems to build and then explode once a week. As I'm getting on my very last batch (Cole's clothes) my house starts to smell awful and somewhat smokey. Yes, you can guess it. Not only did my dryer go out but so did my washer! It is a conspiracy I'm telling you. Since I couldn't find my cell phone anywhere I instant messaged my husband to find out what I needed to do so that the whole house didn't burn down with the laundry room. When he got home for lunch we headed out to a used appliance store downtown. Well, it just happened to be there one day off - go figure, it was Wednesday! So we headed home. The day continued until Bret got home and requested the VCR remote. Missing in Action. We looked for an hour (turning my newly cleaned apartment upside down) before we concluded that our sweet adorable son had most likley thrown it away but since remotes aren't light, like shoes, clothes, books and toys I didn't notice. Sigh. RIP remote. So we decided to take the dripping wet clothes (they weighed like 50lbs no joke) to the laundry mat at the apartment. I only had $1.50 worth of quarters and really wasn't up to driving 10 minutes just to access a bank, pull out $20 just so that I could get $0.50 more. So I did the horrible thing and broke into Cole's dino bank. I justified it because they were his clothes anyways - horrible I know. Well the first washer (we split the clothes into two so they would have a chance to actually dry) ate all our quarters but refused to dry our clothes (greedy greedy). SO, into one dryer all the clothes went. At 9:30 my sweet husband headed down to bring the dry clothes up. WRONG. Nothing was dry and they ended up spending the night on my kitchen floor on a beach towel so they would dry enough for round two the next day. NEXT DAY: I go to take the clothes to our apartment laundry and the power goes out of all things. So we waited until Bret got home and we headed to the local laundry mat where they rip you off by charging $0.25 FOR FIVE MINUTES!!! Do I look like I'm made of quarters??? Anyways - all is well. They got dried for less than $10 and we will soon have a new washer and dryer. Did I mention we also discovered that our tires are falling apart...

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Ouch! I hope you get a new W & D soon.