Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bret!!!




Today is the birthday of my best friend and hubba hubby! Because of this I get to gush about how amazing he is without any complaining... (mwuahaha * evil laugh*)
Bret is such an unbelievable person. He is caring, talented and creative beyond belief, hardworking, and a great husband. More than once he has gotten up early and done little things around the house to help me out, or when he comes home he will take over for the night with cooking, clean up and the baby so that I can have a night to myself. He is so thoughtful. He also does some of the goofiest things just to hear me laugh and see me smile.

But more than that he is a wonderful father to Cole. I wish everyone could be a fly on the wall for just one day to see the bond and friendship that Cole and Bret have as father/son, and double trouble duo. Each day Cole anxiously awaits the arrival of Bret and as soon as he sees that Jimmy pull in he yells "Daddy" and is off to the door before I know what happened. When Bret walks in he gives Cole a huge hug and the games are on. Tickling, throwing him in the air, hide and seek, sneaking up on mom, wrestling... I could go on forever. It is so fun to watch.

I really couldn't be more blessed than the day this man came into my life and made me happier than I ever thought was possible. His family
always comes first, and he is such an awesome example. I love ya babe and look forward to so many more years of laughter, adventures and happiness together. Happy 28th Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Belkycita said...

Happy Birthday Bret! you sound pretty amazing, it must be because you married someone really awesome!
have fun on your big day and enjoy your year of being Perfect (28 is a perfect number, sorry about the nerdyness but I am marry to one)

The Hanchetts said...

Happy Birthday Bret! We all know how cute a daddy you are!

Jared and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Bret!!! I'm sure glad my sis found you!

keri said...

Bret, here I thought Nare had married you, but after reading the posted description of her husband, I realize her husband can't really be you. Happy birthday anyway!